1. Yes, my first two initial fed checks I cashed I did not cross out “the order of” and one check paid to me by apartment mgr. for a refund. The rest I have crossed out “order of”.
However I have a question, wouldn’t it be an alternation of a government document? See below: § 3-407. ALTERATION.
•(a) "Alteration" means (i) an unauthorized change in an instrument that purports to modify in any respect the obligation of a party, or (ii) an unauthorized addition of words or numbers or other change to an incomplete instrument relating to the obligation of a party.
(b). also in the past when I did cross out wordings , I crossed it out, initial it and dated it. However doing that on a govt. check would clearly draw attention to bank clerk.
2. You stated, .” I am surprised that your bank has not come back on you for your non-endorsement (restricted endorsement).” In this case wouldn’t the following apply?
§ 3-104. NEGOTIABLE INSTRUMENT.
•(e) An instrument is a "note" if it is a promise and is a "draft" if it is an order. If an instrument falls within the definition of both "note" and "draft," a person entitled to enforce the instrument may treat it as either. (note: I signed it with First,Middle ;dbaFIRST LAST Title 12 sec 411 redeem in lawful money. That would show my intentions for the Bank to pay in lawful money.) so wouldn’t they have to treat it as a restricted endorsement?
3. The day I opened the account with Chase bank and signed the signature card to have all my transactions and deposits redeemed in lawful monies Title 12 USC 411, I requested a non-interest bearing checking account. The bank Rep who opened my account and later the bank manager stated my account is non-bearing interest checking account. So if I a have a non-interest checking account I am paying no interest. If paying no interest my monies are lawful monies because they are not been fractionalized.
4. In one of my certified letters to the Chase Bank Mgr. I also included a “Notice and Demand” letter as you have posted on you cite. I include the wording like, “notice to agent is also notice to principal”. Also made sure it included : Be it now known to any and all parties forevermore that I amFirst Middle and the PERSON known to others as FIRST LAST, have made and still do make, my demand for lawful money for any and all dealings and transactions, including transactions on all my bank accounts. Also to include : No contractual obligations shall be construed to act or operate in any way or manner to eliminate, diminish, supersede, or otherwise modify any provision contained within this Notice and Demand.(do I still have to fill notice and demand with Federal Reserve Bank as well?)
5. I will very soon have to change to direct deposit in accordance with the law.
(a). I will not be able to cross out “the order of” because I will no longer see the check.
(b). so when I fill out an account check and cross out “the order of” on the account check to take out my monies , will that also solve the problem on “pay to the order of ” on the fed. Check that was transferred directly to chase bank.?
© Dave . As for the “being a U.S. citizen (or not) just bring up side issue and trouble” I am not clear on what you mean without specifics.
Thank you David and once again appreciate your response
, Franco