Thread: Can God die

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Anthony Joseph
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Joseph View Post
    If according to the adverse interpretation to my presentment that at the Time of Adam/Eve Cain/Abel there were just four living souls and one smart snake, then please resolve the following quandries with your interpretation:

1. What other peoples, that might find Cain, would slay him?

Gen 4:13 And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear.

Gen 4:14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me

2. Who settled this land called Nod - Adam/Eve/Cain lived in the Garden? and Who is this woman Cain married?

Gen 4:16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

Gen 4:17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

------

I am more than convinced that the races were made on the sixth day and a specific man was made some time later [some say the eighth day] this man with specific duty to keep his blood line pure so that the Christ Child could come into this age undefiled.

shalom,
    mj

p.s. The word for Serpent:

H5172
    נחשׁ
    nâchash
    naw-khash'
    A primitive root; properly to hiss, that is, whisper a (magic) spell; generally to prognosticate: - X certainly, divine, enchanter, (use) X enchantment, learn by experience, X indeed, diligently observe.

You know all the characteristics of the serpent are indeed the same characteristics of a man. Selah.
    Your presentment could be flawed regarding the number of people in eden at the time of Abel's murder. Do we know for certaintly how old Cain was when he slayed Abel? There could have been other sons and daughters around since Adam and Eve were told to be fruitful and multiply. How many sons and daughters did Adam and Eve have and when were these children born?

The other peoples that may have wanted to slay Cain could have been relatives of Abel; why slay someone who you don't know and who murdered someone you don't know?

What is the definition of Nod?

Cain's wife could have been a sister or a niece since there could have been many decades of "being fruitful" taking place prior to the murder.

What does it mean that Cain "knew" his wife? Perhaps he had a wife already and when he left Eden, he "knew" her. It could mean he had sexual relations with her after wandering as a fugitive and a vagabond in Nod.

Just another perspective offered.
    Last edited by Anthony Joseph; 03-30-11 at 02:39 AM.