Quote Originally Posted by Michael Joseph View Post
If according to the opposing interpretation to my presentment that at the Time of Adam/Eve Cain/Abel there were just four living souls and one smart snake, then please resolve the following quandries with your interpretation:

1. What other peoples, that might find Cain, would slay him?

Gen 4:13 And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear.

Gen 4:14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me

2. Who settled this land called Nod - Adam/Eve/Cain lived in the Garden? and Who is this woman Cain married?

Gen 4:16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

Gen 4:17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

------

I am more than convinced that the races were made on the sixth day and a specific man was made some time later [some say the eighth day] this man with specific duty to keep his blood line pure so that the Christ Child could come into this age undefiled.

shalom,
mj
I don't think that chapter 4 of Genesis is narrated chronologically.
Daughters are often not mentioned in the OT and I believe that Cain married his sister.
Of course I cannot prove this, because the Bible does not tell us.
Cain's fear in Genesis 4:14 would have been from his own family members.

I agree that the narrative is mysterious in this regard, but I see no reason to believe that there were more than one Adam and Eve.

Interestingly, the Kebra Nagast says that one reason Cain was envious of Abel was because Abel got to marry the sister with the beautiful face, which resembled Cain's.
I don't know which parts, if any, of the Kebra Nagast are inspired.
I don't consider it good evidence.

Adam and Eve were expelled from Eden before they had children.
Who named the land Nod is not specified.
Nod means wandering.

Notice that all the names in chapter 4 are highly symbolical.
Cain means smith.
Abel (Hevel) means breath, vapor.
An interesting factoid:
The second verse of Ecclesiastes echoes Abel's name in the Hebrew. It starts out "hevel havalim".

Blessings