Thread: The Fast

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    An important clarification has been appended to "The Fast". Below is an excerpt:

July 20, 2014 – “Going Beyond Duty”:

Let me share some insights that came to me so far during “The Fast” that I began observing last night at sunset in accord with the Creator’s Way of defining “days”.

It is important to clarify that the way that I propose to “consecrate a fast” is NOT commanded in the Scriptures. It is NOT even in accord with the sacred calendar, since the 20th day of the every month in the Gregorian Calendar does not coincide with anything mentioned in the Scriptures, and does not even coincide with the 20th day of Abib/Nisan.

What I am proposing is beyond any DUTY required in The Law or “The Way that is common to the Kingdom”.

Let me explain by citing Luke 17:5-10:

5 And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith. 6 And the Lord said , If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root , and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you. 7 But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle , will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat ? 8 And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup , and gird thyself , and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken ; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink ? 9 Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not. 10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say , We are unprofitable servants : we have done that which was our duty to do.
    Going Beyond Duty” is what I am proposing. Doing something NOT commanded… something the Messiah can truly “thank” us for when He returns.

Let me cite an example of this “Going Beyond Duty” by relating something special that Mary, the sister of Lazarus, the man the Messiah raised from the dead, did for the Messiah just before His last Passover observance on earth, when He was crucified and died for us.

Continue...

Last edited by doug555; 07-20-14 at 07:00 PM.