I believe that unless and until 12 USC 411 is somehow repealed or over-turned, this method properly executed will continue to yield success.
It cannot be over-turned except by the Congress in which it was first passed, which opportunity has long since passed by, and to attempt to repeal it would be a fraud upon the public. Otherwise, one or the other of these two actions would already have been accomplished. So the Congress is not going to (i.e. cannot) take either of those two actions.

If you understand law, then you understand the following (taken from a post on another forum, in referring to a similar question):

Does the State of Michigan have a right to abolish laws of the Territory of Michigan? Does the 14th Congress have a right to abolish the laws of the 13th Congress? Can the Boy Scouts modify the Girl Scouts Handbook? The answer is[:] ... only the entity that created a law can abolish or modify it. That is not to say a newer entity [i.e., iteration of government] cannot adopt laws of its own but at no time can they modify the original law.

Nope. A law passed is a law passed. Now I agree that the 14th Congress can choose to enact a NEW law that affects how their OWN employees are going to approach a problem.

A new congress is a new government. The laws of the old government are still in effect until a new congress changes or abolishes them FOR THEIR OWN EMPLOYEES. A new congress cannot create ex post facto a law that an employee of the previous congress relied upon for his own actions.