It's the difference between believing in "Creator and created" or "All is one".

Besides the "killing the soul" doctrine, there is also the "I am God, God is All" doctrine which is just as damaging and evil.

Without the existence of a distinct and all-powerful Creator, morality becomes just one's opinion. This is why the principles and morals of the Bible are always attacked along with its Inspirational Source. The fact remains that the fundamental laws of every civilized society have a core basis in biblical teachings. So while some disparage the Source in one breath they follow His Law in the next.

Do not Steal, do not murder, do not give false testimony, etc. all become moral opinions rather than moral absolutes without an ever-existing Creator who provides the moral clarity from the highest point of existence. If "I am God" than there is no Author of Commandments who is higher than me. Therefore, I make my own morality as I see fit because once I have ignited my "divine spark", I have arrived at equality with ALL that is divine, and then, moral absolutes from a higher source disappear.