Thread: What Options Am I Left With? (Did Not R4C or Send Back Traffic Citations)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Unfortunately the very long writings about driver's licenses were 'conveniently' wiped off the Interweb. Even some things have disappeared from this side. Beyond the driver's licenses there is another key issue: its the tag on the automobile and the status of the one 'owning' or or 'operating' it. If the automobile or motor vehicle has State of Texas tags hanging from it, then that is the key nexus for a license to drive or operate it being requiring. Treating it as state property or commercial property. License plates can be used to get into the rental car business. There isn't much of anything that allows the State Trooper to tell the difference between a car that is being rented or a car that is under a long term car note or a car that is paid off. Of course rental cars and cars under car notes would have license plates. Cars being rented and cars under car notes are treated as if they are leased. A car that is leased for more than 30 days even if rented gets titled in the lessor's name. So then there would be less ability to tell that XYZ CO is the true owner--except for a lienholder entry on a certificate of title.

The point is that a car note and a lease beyond 30 days are the same thing: the State Trooper, conveniently, can't tell the difference. Since the rental company, a corporate or other statutory entity owns the car in a lease and since the bank owns the car until you pay for it and the note term is EXACTLY THE SAME as a term of lease: you see why the plate is required. To be operating state property requires the license. Now, if you are driving a car that is paid off: it is no longer under a lease. If you put tags on it, how can the State Trooper tell the difference? State property is hanging from the car along with city/county/state stickers and such.

In order to be come a police officer, you need a driver license. Why? Without the license you "cant" take the police driving training? Why? Because the cop cars are likely going to be state property. Doesn't take much thinking to put it all together.

It takes a deeper level of thinking. Fixating on the operator's license doesn't get to the point. Its the tags and the nature of the owner of the property that is key. The significance of the following graphic:

Name:  not-for-hire-300x225.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  19.0 KB

I traveled in my car for quite some time without any state plates (until I no longer owned it). I got it inspected just for safety sake. I kept it very well maintained--fortunate to have such skills--it was so quiet it was hard to tell the engine was running (and it was a high end engine with lots of pull too). I parked it on streets for weeks at a time. Never got a ticket. It had a sticker on it, NOT FOR HIRE. It also had a USDOT # on the front bumper and also on the rear bumper. I was once followed by a State Trooper on the highway, eventually he went his way, I went mine. I've never been in an accident where I was the cause. Being that I avoid the Drink, I avoid drinking and driving too. Financial responsibility can be maintained via bond sent to the Secretary of the Treasury or by one filed with the State.

Note: I had separate sticker for NOT FOR HIRE or PRIVATE. Letters minimum of 3" high for visibility. The further away they can see it the better.

Of course with the USDOT # my concern/entity/person is not a motor carrier but is only for special and limited purposes acting AS IF a motor carrier without waiver of any rights or immunities and so that law enforcement officers and others can distinguish between my private automobile and private property and others. On the USDOT form: no cargo is important. It might even help to put a sticker on the car like this: FOR MORE INFO: HTTP://SAFER.FMCSA.DOT.GOV/. Note: I DO NOT PUT THE USDOT # WHERE THE PLATE GOES.

Keep in mind that if you take off the 'passenger cabinet' off the underlying wheelbase and and frame what remains is in the technical sense is a TRUCK --at least as AFAIK. Why do you think they call it a pickup truck? Because its lacking the 'carriage' housing so that the wheelbase and wheels are remaining (i.e. the truck part).

If you want to go a bit further, you could fly a single small white flag from the hood of the car.

Name:  flagpole-auto-hoodmount.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  31.7 KB

Key documents or certified copies thereof: [1A] affidavit of ownership, [1B] certificate of service of the affidavit on AG or other officer state of last registration , [2A] certified copy of notice of sale or assignment [assignment can be without $ value], [2B] certificate of service of notice of sale being sent to last state of registration that the automobile was sold to venue where registration isn't required), [3] certified copy of bill of assignment or bill of sale, evidence of financial responsibility; [4] USDOT Motor Carrier general record printout and printout of USDOT bond information if applicable; [5] Certificate of Motorist Competency with or without photo.

Name:  NoticeOfSale_OREGON.png
Views: 565
Size:  191.7 KB
    Notice of sale is not a bill of sale. The bill of sale or bill of assignment is a separate document although you could notify them by sending a copy of the bill of sale or bill of assignment.

If the assignee or purchaser of an automobile is in a jurisdiction where registration is not required for that assignee or purchaser, then the notice of sale is VERY important--I am basing this on conversation with State/DMV management. They ask that you retain the Certificate of Title though--THEY DID NOT WANT IT! Having the seller fill it out and sign it is ideal. Of course, I am unable to honestly put a city or state or zip code in there for my side. If necessary, one can recreate a similar form (using a word processor or the like) and have it notarized. One can even title it NOTICE OF ASSIGNMENT OR TRANSFER or transfer especially if no $ is involved. It can be helpful to the seller or assignor to have a clause in the notice or in the separate bill of assignment that the seller or assignor shall be without any further liability as owner concerning the automobile or motor vehicle that is the subject of the document.

I don't have a last name, an SSN or that kind of thing. I am unaware of being a public citizen or office holder in the USA or any UN member state. Also, keep in mind: I am not a resident/employee/immigrant/imported person/officer of the United States or any of the 50 States; I don't live in any city, county, hotel, hospital, state, public housing--(I live on private land).
    Last edited by allodial; 11-21-15 at 04:18 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.