Quote Originally Posted by Michael Joseph View Post
Yes, I agree when the Scripture was placed in the hands of the people that was good and bad. For when the priest went astray, like Eli sons did, then they lost the ability to teach and they only show now in ritual. Nevertheless, when I consider Genesis 6 and I consider the Internal Man, then I consider the "Ben Ha Elohim" to be the THOUGHTS OF GOD. And a very strict reading of the texts will show that the abstract term "daughters of men" is way to vague. For in fact it reads DAUGHTERS OF HA AW-DAWM. Which renders DAUGHTERS OF THE MAN.

When one then sees daughters are akin to Desires and sons to Thoughts then one can see that the giants born are philosophies or religions. And one can now see the Religio-Political bodies arising in the Earth - GIANTS. Whether or not giants in size and stature actually walked this earth is not my concern. For how does that relate to our condition this day? I see no 12 fingered beings on the Earth today. Nevertheless, I do see systems of control which are GIANT in regard to the manipulation of billions of people.

If one relates a Man as a Church or a State, then one can get an understanding on "Men of Renown." When one focuses their attention to the external only, then in my opinion, one misses the boat. And now later we read that the Angels are returning and already one who is looking to the Internal Man can already sense the RIVERS OVERFLOWING as doctrines are being propagated all over the Earth. This information propagation may only breed more confusion [BBL].

Since an Angel is a Messenger in relation to the Word we can see now of John the Baptist that he relates to the External Sense of the Word as a Representative of the Word and thusly the Lord. And therefore when his head is removed so too is prophecy concerning the Lord for now is the Lord manifest.

Concerning John, Elijah, Moses and Elisha, E. Swedenborg wrote : Click Here

Concerning Nephilim: Click Here and Click Here
Is it possible to believe that GIANTS really means actual GIANTS and still comprehend that the systems of control manipulate millions of people? You seem to opine that these two ideas may be mutually exclusive whereby belief in actual events being depicted results in "missing the boat" of understanding.

Why can't both be true? Why be so dismissive of these events depicted in scripture as being actual occurrences? What is the benefit of discarding these events as actual?