Quote Originally Posted by walter View Post
competent authority, eh,

how did they become an authority?
First I am unclear as to whom you are refering to as "THEY"??

If I may; Please endulge me for just a moment with a likely scenario;
1. A child is born
2.The mother and or father is a "COMPETENT AUTHORITY", the child belongs to them;
3. The mother and or father being a "COMPETENT AUTHORITY", applies for a "LICENSE", "(in the form of a "Birth Certificate")
ONE MUST GIVE PERMISSION TO THE STATE (LICENSE) IN ORDER TO FOR THE "STATE" TRESSPASS ON ONES PRIVATE RIGHTS,
4. The "LICENSE" "(in the form of a "Birth Certificate")GIVES PERMISSION (authorization) to the "STATE" to "TRESPASS" upon the PRIVATE RIGHTS of the applicant

BLACKS 1910
LICENSE. In the law of contracts.
A permission, accorded by a competent authority,
conferring the right to do some act
which without such authorization would be
illegal, or would be a trespass or a tort.

sCENARIO #2
1. A Child is born (most likely on land that has been tranfered by land patent)
2.The mother and or father is a "COMPETENT AUTHORITY", the child belongs to them;
3. The mother and or father being a "COMPETENT AUTHORITY", DOES NOT apply for a "LICENSE"(in the form of a "Birth Certificate")
4.The child grows older and desires a "DRIVER LICENSE"
5. License agency states the child must provide a "Birth Certificate" otherwise the State License agency cannot DO BUSINESS with the applicant
6. The child or "COMPETENT AUTHORITY", must "GIVE" the "STATE" "LICENSE" (authorization) to TRESSPASS upon the PRIVATE RIGHTS of the child, otherwise it would be illegal,
7. So in by the act of providing "LICENSE" (authorization) to the "STATE" one gives up "PRIVATE RIGHTS" in favor of "PUBLIC"
8. Driver License is evidence of this fact, ( also Birth Cert., car tabs, Registered Land,etc.), also interestingly at the same time the "STATE" gives the applicant permission to "USE" the PUBLIC roads for Commercial purpose, i.e., Profit or Gain, PRIVELDGE ACTIVITY, since the Driver License, car tabs, etc., are Business License's
9. The applicant is issued a "BUSINESs LICENSE" in the FORM OF "SOLE PROPRIETOR"

Unless one commits a crime there is no reason or authority or the "STATE" or its agency to interact with you until you provide "LICENSE"