Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
However, to Esau-Canaan, Israel is the enemy and hardly allegorically or theoretically. The inheritance of Ishmael isn't the same as that of Isaac. You can say it, but will that necessarily stop Ishmael or Esau/Edom from doing you great injury? I wonder if Esau/Edom-Canaan cared if the the 1.5 million Armenian Christians were their brothers (ya know, two eyes, two legs, sit down to poop, stand up to pee if you're a guy...ten fingers, ten toes...).

"For three transgressions of Edom, and for four, I will not turn away its punishment, because he pursued his brother with the sword and cast off all pity; his anger tore perpetually, and he kept his wrath forever."

Hmm something tells me Edom-Esau-Canaan probably won't be moved that warm, fuzzy brotherly glow. Met a Muslim who said he was looking forward to the day he could rape, kill and enslave Christians in America (there were more like him then and there might be even more now ISIS, etc.)--that was just under ten years ago. I don't suspect he was speaking figuratively. Despite the kindness I showed him, he remained evil in his intentions.

As if DNA matters in spiritual warfare.

P.S. Basically the attempt has been to flip the script and replace Isaac and Israel with Ishmael and Esau/Edom respectively, moving the birthright, etc. out of Isaac's, Israel's and Joseph's reach. But, we already know how that'll turn out, don't we?
Couldn't have summed that up that notion any better...

Therein lies the danger of treating ALL of scripture as merely allegorical (though even the allegorical spin doesn't apply in this case). If you knowingly rebel against the God of the Bible and Creation, intentionally make war with God's set-apart nation of people (true Israel) and reject Jesus the Christ as LORD and Savior, there can be no brother or sister in that camp.