Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
I believe it is much simpler than all that.

If the bail bond says pay under IN GOD WE TRUST then that sets the specie of the transaction. Therefore a proper Oath of Office, properly subscribed in proper form swearing by that same ever-living God and published with the correct clerk is a fungible fidelity bond. If you can see this connection of specie - US currency notes - and you can understand the relationships then the complicated stuff becomes nonsense.

Need I point out that Motla68 is not showing us any details or cause (forms) and effect (setoff)? I am not calling him a liar, I am just saying that it is dangerous to be dazzled by Internet posts into acting on them like actually filling out a 1099 and sending it all around hoping to make charges disappear.
Yes David, good posting. It is pretty obvious there is a ecclesiastical side to this as well, you can follow the commercial lineage back to the Papas Bull where the Pope names himself Vicar of the world, that be their God. Here is some interesting language from state statutes relating to their trust structure:

North Carolina General Statutes § 36C-1-111 Nonjudicial settlement agreements

(a) For purposes of this section, "interested persons" means persons whose consent would be required in order to achieve a binding settlement were the settlement to be approved by the court.

(b) Interested persons may enter into a binding nonjudicial settlement agreement with respect to any of the following matters involving a trust:

(1) The approval of a trustee's report or accounting;

(2) Direction to a trustee to perform or refrain from performing a particular administrative act or the grant to a trustee of any necessary or desirable administrative power, including a power granted under G.S. 36C‑8‑816;

(3) The resignation or appointment of a trustee and the determination of a trustee's compensation;

(4) Transfer of a trust's principal place of administration; and

(5) Liability of a trustee for any action taken under subdivisions (1) through (4) of this subsection.

(c) A nonjudicial settlement agreement is valid only to the extent it does not violate a material purpose of the trust and includes terms and conditions that could be properly approved by the court under this Chapter or other applicable law.

(d) Any interested person may request the court to approve a nonjudicial settlement agreement, to determine whether the representation as provided in Article 3 of this Chapter was adequate, and to determine whether the agreement contains terms and conditions the court could have properly approved. (2005‑192, s. 2.)

There you go, the possibility of settling something non-judicially before a public court appearance ever happens.

You are also correct on the latter, I cannot guarantee that the 1099-C thing will work for anyone else as it has done for me or others that have done it. I also cannot guarantee the frame of mind the clerk will be in at the time either for which you may have to go through red tape to accomplish the same thing. Due diligence of course is needed to find out exactly what 1099-C is for, just do not take my word for it. Next time I go get a copy of the driving record I will be sure to try and remember to post it here though.