So, it's there a way to sue at state level under the Common Law?

The reason I ask is because I came across this tidbit from Lost Horizons:

http://www.losthorizons.com/Newsletter.htm

I Had A Great Meeting With Michigan's Attorney General's Office Last Week...

Federal officials who break Michigan laws are just common criminals in the eyes of the state

THIS PAST THURSDAY I HAD AN EXCELLENT HOUR-LONG MEETING with Carter Bundy, a representative of Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette. The subject was the investigation and possible prosecution of the federal judges and DOJ attorneys who have committed crimes against Doreen Hendrickson in violation of Michigan laws.

Michigan, like every other state, criminalizes subornation of perjury, witness tampering and coercion committed by anyone upon anyone else. The state also criminalizes aiding and abetting any of these crimes.

There are no exceptions in Michigan criminal law for government officials, whether foreign or domestic. Nor are there exceptions if the crimes are committed while "official duties" are purportedly being performed.

In Doreen's case, of course, no actual "official duties" were involved at all. The crimes themselves were the objects of the acting officials.

For instance, the subornation of perjury was itself the purported "official act" conducted when orders were issued attempting to control Doreen's testimony. Everything done to Doreen has always been pure crime, committed under the mere "color of law".

A selection of Michigan statutes criminalizing coercion of false testimony can be seen here. As can be seen by a review of those statutes, what has been done to Doreen is a slam-dunk smorgasbord of blatant felonies in violation of Michigan law.

I WILL ADMIT THAT FOR ME this approach to seeking justice for the criminal assaults on Doreen seemed a stretch. Not that it lacked anything in theory, mind-- indeed, the principle involved is about as straightforward as they come.

In fact, the principle involved here is among the most basic in our American system of government overall: federalism. This is the division of power in this country into coexisting and competing (therefore countervailing) forces, with the feds holding the states accountable when they are abusive to citizens (something we are all very familiar with) and the states doing the same to the feds in return (something we see very little, but only because it has gone out of fashion, not because it isn't the way things are supposed to work).

Nonetheless, I expected something of a "Huh? You've got to be kidding!" reaction from the state. Instead, there was no head-scratching or bemusement at all. Very gratifying.

I'M PRETTY EXCITED ABOUT how this initiative can at least deter future abuses by arrogant and corrupt federal officials. In order to optimize the opportunity here, I'm asking everyone who feels the same to contact Michigan AG Bill Schuette's office and urge a quick decision in favor of prosecuting Doreen's abusers. Contact info can be found here.

This is how it's supposed to work, people. It can be made to do so, if you help.

"This balance between the National and State governments ought to be dwelt on with peculiar attention, as it is of the utmost importance. It forms a double security to the people. If one encroaches on their rights they will find a powerful protection in the other. Indeed, they will both be prevented from overpassing their constitutional limits by a certain rivalship, which will ever subsist between them."

-Alexander Hamilton, to the New York Ratifying Convention, June 17, 1788*

*Villain and poltroon though he was overall, here even Alexander Hamilton gets it right. Significantly, he does so as part of the argument by which ratification of the US Constitution was achieved. Thus, it is under this explicit construction and this construction only, as to this question, that the Constitution and the federal government which it brought into being can exercise authority. Any exercise of power by the federal government, or construction by any court on behalf of such an exercise, which is contrary to Hamilton's explanation here is without authority.

P.S. Many thanks to my excellent friends Gordon Dye and Eric Bond, who helped make this meeting happen.