Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
From the link provided, the first paragraph reads:

This is a grant of consent by US Congress to Texas. I saw a passage about ceding of dockyards and such but nothing about ceding the Republic of Texas. In fact, the resolution states the Republic of Texas retains all vacant and unappropriated land in its limits.
Looks more like grants of acceptance to me.

According to that website, Texas ceded its land claims to the US government for assumption of $10 million dollars of its State debt.
This is not unusual. The 13 colonies ceded their land claims to the US government in exchange for assumption of their debts.

Shall you heed your own advice?

That is not how the case you presented reads concerning the "equal footing clause" in the U.S. Constitution.
The case you presented speaks of political rights, sovereignty, property rights of navigable waters and the soils underneath them.
The case you presented speaks of Texas attempting to claim territory out over water in the Gulf of Mexico.

Again, what passages from the case you presented supports your claims?
From the resolution:
2. " the people of said Republic of Texas, shall be transmitted to the President of the United States "

transmit;
3. To impart or convey to others by heredity or inheritance; hand down.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/transmitted

Cede;

1. To yield; to surrender; to give up; to resign; as to cede a fortress, a province or country, by treaty. This word is appropriately used to denote the relinquishment of a conquered city, fortress, or territory, to the former sovereign or proprietor.

Again as stated in from the case as i mentioned, annotation #2;
" Texas ceased to be an independent Nation and was admitted to the Union "on an equal footing with the existing States" pursuant to the Joint Resolution of March 1, 1845, "

land;
6. The inhabitants of a country or region; a nation or people.
http://www.1828-dictionary.com/d/search/word,land

I do not see your point about taking my own advice, all the keys are there to open the door mostly right from the state of texas resources, all one has to do is pickup a dictionary now an then if they do not understand the words. I do not get where you are coming from unless your calling the state of texas themselves a liar?