Thread: Republic of Texas became a unique limitation of scope comapred to other states.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by motla68
    I do not see your point about taking my own advice, all the keys are there to open the door mostly right from the state of texas resources, all one has to do is pickup a dictionary now an then if they do not understand the words.
    So, you draw from an annotation (which is actually a footnote ... details, details), but nothing from the body of the case, is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by motla68
    I do not get where you are coming from unless your calling the state of texas themselves a liar?
    The way I see it, your comprehension as well as write-ups leave much to be desired ....

Some details which I'll shall take the liberty to presume you are missing:

A republic is a commonwealth which is also a corporation. That's from the Informer which you can find easy enough from the resources of Bouvier's Law Dictionary 1856 as well as Black's Law Dictionary 4th edition.

A state is the People. A government of the state does not compose the state. Same resources mentioned above.
    Government of the state means government belonging to the state. Same resources mentioned above.
    Government is the medium of the state. Black's Law Dictionary, 8th Ed.

The state is its body of citizens in aggregate as a body. The republic is the FORM of government. There is a caveat to the aforementioned sentence. I'll see if you'll take the initiative to find it or not. If you do, you'll find it in either Bouvier's or Black's.

The state is an association, a body politic and is itself a corporation as well. Same resources mentioned above.

A state is a private association. It does not include all peoples who inhabit the purported territory.

So, a private association of some Europeans claiming a territory by force changed its form of government.
    In changing its form of government, it changed its status as well as its capacity for rights.
    Said association through its government took an action (claiming land under the waters of the Gulf of Mexico) which the Supreme Court construed as ultra vires per their membership to an international federation composed of the several States.
    Association was held to the terms and conditions of its agreement with and between itself and the government of the United States.

Your point being?
    Last edited by shikamaru; 11-20-11 at 02:24 PM.