One thing that is commonly overlooked in these discussions is that many struggle to comprehend representation, that is to say they have a hard time to think abstractly.

As a child, I remember having a hard time with the concept that my uncle could represent my dad, just because what was written in a piece of paper. The school director had been emphatically stern that only father's were to be present with the students at their induction ceremony into the Institute.

Now, it's not difficult to deduce why they don't want children to learn law or civics, if the majority of the people knew how stand up for themselves in the legal realm, there wouldn't be so much opportunity to profit from their ignorance, even worse TPTB fear that decent people would stand up for their less fortunate brethren.

Imagine the struggle of someone having been indoctrinated into thinking that a name that is identical to their's is not their name?

Like the cliché says, it's like shooting fish in a barrel for those that have been trained to discern such things.